Textile Technologies Europe Ltd braid a wide range of high temperature thermal rope packings including E Glass Packing, HT750 Glass Packing, CALSIL Packing, BELCOTEX® 110 Packing, Silica Packing, Bio Soluble Packing and Refractory Ceramic Packing. They are available in Round, Square and Rectangular profiles.
- Predominantly used in sealing applications for industrial furnaces, industrial boilers and kiln cars.
- High Temperature Resistant Support Bars / Spacers in Aluminium Industry
Three densities of rope packing are available for each fibre type depending on the application requirement.
- Standard Packings are produced by braiding yarn over a compact core of yarn. They are compact, firm and flexible with high mechanical resistance and excellent static sealing properties.
- Soft Core Packings are produced by braiding yarns on a soft core of fibre insulation. Soft Core Packings are therefore softer, lightweight, and more flexible. They have high thermal insulation capacity and excellent static sealing properties.
- Brick Solid Packings are produced by the "Braid-over-Braid" method where yarns are heavy braided over a very compact core of yarns. Brick Solid packings are a total braided construction and are therefore exceptionally compact, brick solid in density and maintain superior mechanical resistance under pressure, compression, abrasion and cutting etc.
Standard Packings account for 90% of all packings produced, therefore if the construction type is not known, it is standard construction which we will quote for.
Textile Technologies can further enhance rope packings as follows:
- Apply a dry black graphite dispersion to improve abrasion resistance and aesthetics.
- Apply a wet black graphite dispersion to improve sealing qualities and resistance to hot gases.
- Apply a dry or wet PTFE Coating to seal the fibres and create a more non stick and impermeable surface.
- Apply a vermiculite dispersion to improve abrasion resistance and increase its temperature resistance up to 1000°C.
- Apply an outer coating / impregnation of Industrial or Food Grade Silicone Polymer to improve sealing attributes specifically in hot moist environments.
- Incorporate a steel wire in to the yarns to further reinforce the packings and improve tensile strengths.
- Apply a metal overbraid from galvanised steel, stainless steel or inconel to greatly improve the abrasion resistance and increase the life of the seal. Options include:
- Metal Open Overbraid
- Metal Knitted Overbraid
- Metal Full Coverage Overbraid
- Please see our Armorpack range for more details.
* BELCOTEX® is a registered trademark of BELCHEM GmbH, Germany.