BELCOTEX® 110 Fibre Technical Information
BELCOTEX®110 is a unique, textile silica gel fibre with outstanding properties in extreme temperature applications. Its chemical term is SIALOXOL, a polysilisic acid.
BELCOTEX® 110 fibre has the following key characteristics for thermal applications:
- It is resistant to 1050°C continuous temperatures, 1200°C short term in optimum conditions.
- It is fireproof, incombustible, lightweight, durable and easy to handle with a cashmere feel.
- It is non-toxic, non respirable, non irritable and eco friendly.
- It is free from 'shot' commonly found in RCF fibre.
- It is free from organic binders and has low thermal conductivity.
- It exhibits excellent chemical stability resisting attack from organic agents, water and hot acids (except hydrofluoric acid).
- BELCOTEX® 110 fibre textile products do not contain any ceramic or asbestos fibre.
- High temperature stability.
- Excellent thermal shock resistance.
- Good dimensional stability.
- High mechanical strength.
- Good flexibility.
- Low density.
|BASIC COMPOSITION OF BELCOTEX® 110 FIBRE|
|Further Components||< 0.5%|
|GENERAL PROPERTIES OF BELCOTEX® 110 FIBRE|
|Average Fibre Diameter||9 micron|
|Material Density||2100 kg/m³|
|Max Continuous Temperature||1050°C (1200°C - short term in optimum conditions)|
|Melting Point||> 1500°C|
|Weight Loss (1050°C, 2h)||< 16% including moisture absorption|
|Linear Shrinkage Max (1050°C, 2h)||6%|
Please click here to view this as a PDF document.
*BELCOTEX® is a registered trademark of BELCHEM GmbH, Germany.