All our Thermal Rope Seals are manufactured by knitting technique rather than conventional braiding. The knitted ropes can be produced in the following consrtructions:
- Without a central core (NC) to give a soft, elastic, pliable construction.
- With a central core (WC) to give a medium-firm density but no longitudinal elasticity.
- With a Double Knit (DK) construction to give a range of density but maintain longitudinal elasticity.
Textile Technologies can offer knitted rope manufactuerd from E Glass, HT750 Glass and S-TEX silica Yarns.
Textile Technologies can further enhance thermal rope seals by coating with vermiculite, industrial grade silicone polymer or wet or dry PTFE. They can also be covered with a knitted outer mesh for sealing applications that are subjected to mechanical abrasion.
- Rope Door Seals for Wood Burners / Pellet Stoves / Ovens / Range Cookers.
- Component of ‘O' Ring Rope Gasket Seals.