- Refractory ceramic plaited sleevings are manufactured from blown alumina-silicate fibre yarn which has been blended from high purity alumina and silica.
- A combination of physical and refractory properties makes this an outstanding material for use in high temperature applications.
- They form a direct, asbestos free, substitute for the equivalent asbestos textile products.
- Can be used to help insulate and therefore control the cooling of castings.
- The ceramic fibre insulation is rated to 1260°C in situ.
- The wire reinforcement is rated to 1000°C.
N.B. Sleeving is normally supplied loomstate. In the manufacture of ceramic yarn a certain small percentage of organic binder is used to aid spinning. This can sometimes cause “flashing” at high temperatures. This can be avoided if the tape is heat cleaned prior to use or if the organic impurities in the tape can be allowed to burn off in situ on application for the initial period